[users@httpd] Unsorted timestamping in Apache2 log files

Hi,
I have problems with throughput calculation from log files in apache2.
Using "classic" awk scripts the output is messy due to the fact that
the lines in the log are not sorted with respect to time.
 In fact each line of the logs has the timestamp of when the request
has been made; this means that different response times urls have
different orders depending on the response time itself.

 - Is this a known bug? (with correspondig fix...)
 - Is there any configuration workaround? (I cannot fix the source
code and recompile it)

Thanks in advance for any kind of big heart suggestion/help/hint....
marcello

TISCALI ADSL Web&Mail
Solo con Tiscali Adsl navighi e telefoni senza canone Telecom a partire da
14,95 Euro/mese. Attivala subito!
Per te 500 MB inclusi per navigare, inviare e ricevere messaggi e-mail, foto
ed mp3.
http://abbonati.tiscali.it/adsl/sa/2wam_tc/