Re: [users@httpd] htpasswd

I don't think Apache likes to do that very much... I'm sure it would
be possible to hack your way around it, but the basic authentication
scheme is just that... basic.
It may be quicker and easier to whip something up in PHP (or Perl, or
Python or what have you).  I know sessions are really easy in PHP, you
could probably do this sort of authentication in a couple of lines
(feel free to e-mail me if you'd like those couple lines).
David