Re: [users@httpd] configure internal server error to automatically email me

On 1/14/06, Jeff Lacki <jeep@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks Kieth.  That appears to be what needs to be done,
> however, after I tried this, I found the following issues:
>
> If I say:
>
> ErrorDocument   500     "http://www.mysite.com/cgi-bin/err500.pl";
>
> I get an Alert that pops up saying:
>
> Redirection limit for this URL exceeded. Unable to load the requested
> page.  This my be caused by cookies that are blocked.
>
> My cookies arent blocked (as far as I know because i use them
> with other stuff on my XP box)  THis is using Netscape 7.2

You created a redirect loop.  Most likely the error script itself is
causing a 500 error, which triggers another redirection to the error
script.

First, make sure you can access the error script directly by typing
the URL into your browser location bar.

Then, you should probably use a url-path rather than a full url:
ErrorDocument   500     "/cgi-bin/err500.pl"
This causes apache to serve the error page directly rather than
redirecting the browser to it.

Joshua.