Re: [users@httpd] 500 Internal Server Error pages being rendered as markup

Hi,

From: "Vincent Jong" <vjong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Well, I did a clean install of apache. I didn't change anything, started
> up apache without any httpd.conf configuration changes and tried to access
> http://localhost/cgi-bin/test-cgi. The 500 internal error is displayed as
> markup with the added message of:
>
> Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error
> error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the
> request.
>
> Basically the same problem as before.

Have you tried without that ErrorDocument line in httpd.conf?
Does that line run another cgi script?
If yes, has this script right permissions (chmod 755)?

What do you mean when you say that instead of an error it prints an html
response?
Even when Apache prints an error in the header, it also prints a short html
page in the body.

Maybe conf/extra/httpd-multilang-errordoc.conf print a larger html content,
and in that case some browsers will display that html content instead of
creating its own error page based on the error code.

Every response prints a response code. If you say that it prints just an
html page instead of an error, this means that it prints another code than
500. Which is that code?

Try with:

telnet localhost 80
GET http://localhost/cgi-bin/test.cgi HTTP/1.0