>                 Options MultiViews Includes
>
>                 AllowOverride None
>                 Order allow,deny
>                 allow from all
>
>                 AddType text/html .html
>                 AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .html
>
>                 XBitHack on
>         </Directory>
>
> > So it didn't work with AddOutputFilter?  In that case, the problem has
> > nothing to do with xbithack.  Please clarify.
>
> Sorry, you're right. It processes .shtml files, but not .html files even with
> the AddOutputFilter, with/out XBitHack.

Nothing obviously wrong there.  Anything interesting in the error log?
 Are you absolutely sure that the <Directory> section points to the
correct directory?  (Removing the allow from all should let you know.)

Other than that, it seems highly likely that you have something
elsewhere in httpd.conf (or an Include'd config file) that is changing
the configuration for .html files.  By default, there should be don
different between .html and .shtml.

In the worst case, I'd go back to the default httpd.conf that comes
with apache and see if you can get server-parsed .html to work there.
Assuming you can, you can then slowly make changes to bring that
config file in line with what you have now until you see what breaks.

Joshua.