From: Tony Di Croce [mailto:dicroce@xxxxxxxxx ]
Sent: Dienstag, 6. Dezember 2005 19:04
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] https problem

I agree it is non-optimal...

But short of implementing something like user mode linux, its the best way to do what I need to do...

BTW, I plan on making nice-shop.com forward information to "nasty-hacker.com" that allows nasty-hacker.com to render the page so that it looks like it came rom nice-shop.com...

    td

On 12/6/05, Boyle Owen <Owen.Boyle@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Plain text please...

> a.com and b.com https link to c.com, so the users browser URL will change,
>and the certs will be registered to c.com... So I guess I don't see how
>they're getting mismatched?

OK - if you redirect you won't get a browser warning. But it still looks a bit fishy to a suspicious web-surfer (should be everybody). You're on a site called www.nice-shop.com and when you hit, "Go to checkout", the URL changes to www.nasty-hacker.com. OK - not really... but the fact that the URL has changed at all is discouraging. How does your customer know *definitatively* that a.com and c.com are related? The only way to be sure of the identity of a website is to check the certificate and your certificate vouchsafes c.com - not a.com...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle