RE: [users@httpd] Cannot Get Basic Auth to Work

I am using binaries that I downloaded from the Apache site.

> I was only referring to the AllowOverride line.  The AuthName and
> Require lines are essential.  Are you reading the documentation on
> these directives?  Don't just take our word for it.

If I read the docs and still cannot get it to work I have to trust somebody!
Hey, I sure am not understanding it.

> This is wrong.  As I said, it needs to be <Directory
> "E:/ApacheGroup/Apache2/d/c/a">.  See:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/sections.html#file-and-web
> This is probably the cause of your central problem.  And it would have
> been easily noticed by others before if you hadn't obscured your
> config file.

If this is wrong then why is the proper web page showing up? Look at the
ALIAS dir name. Isn't the <Directory name supposed to be that name? It is
the way that I have everything else and they work. And, aside from not
getting the auth dialog box, it works in that I get the proper web page. If
I was getting an error or not getting the right page I would agree.

Does that sound right?

Mike