To: <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 8:09 AM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] apache2: spurious [black diamond] question marks in iso-8859-1 HTML files

On 11/21/05, Alan Ezust <alan.ezust@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I found two places where there was an AddDefaultCharset directive in
my config files. I commented them both out, and restarted the apache2
server. Still seeing those silly questionmarks. Then tried adding

AddDefaultCharset off

restarted. Still no dice. Any other suggestions?

Then that means the documents probably aren't really in the charset
that you think they are in.  In firefox you can use "view->character
encoding" to adjust the character set and see which one works.

Joshua.