Re: [users@httpd] Problem with AuthPAM_Enabled' error in Apache2

Thanks for the reply. Here is the .htaccess file:

AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /home/othersite/users
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
AuthName "Intranet"
require user admin

As I said it relates to a complete different domain and does not sit in
DocumentRoot of the VirtualHost I am trying to test. If I use the
correct uername and password I can nevertheless access the files at
/home/hosts/test through the URL: my.domain:8000/

Kind of wierd I know but this is what is happening.

I checked the VirtualHost file. Don't know where the one I copied in the
mail came from but it does have a ServerName and <VirtualHost *> in the
one on the server.