Re: [users@httpd] Is someone attacking my web server?

On 11/1/05 12:45 AM, "Oil Pine" <oil.pine@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've noticed for the first time what appears to be a malicious attack on
> my web server (a part of the httpd access file attached).
>
> If so, is there something I should do to foil such attacks in the
> future?

You can deny access from that IP in the future, but the best idea is to make
sure that you know what software is installed for your server and that each
is configured correctly (php, mod_perl, etc.) and than you pay attention to
security concerns when setting up your server.

A second step (rather easy, so why not do it) is to run some kind of
security scan on your webserver on a regular basis--doing so does NOT
guarantee security, but can alert you to KNOWN security risks.

Sean