From: Ranjan, Prashant [mailto:Prashant.Ranjan@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 5:40 PM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [users@httpd] Loading of Siteminder module at apache start

Hi,

We are using apache version 1.3.33 web server with Siteminder version 5QMR7 for hosting our webpages. We have a slight performance issue with apache startup with this setup. It takes close to 5-7 minutes to start the apache web server and 4-5 minutes to serve the first page. I found out that it is the loading of siteminder module which is taking all the extra time in starting the apache web server. If I point the apache to the old siteminder installation (5QMR6) its starting as expected and also serving the first page quickly.

I would like to know if anyone has heard of this for the same combination of siteminder and apache versions. Also, it would be very useful if someone can explain the cause/resolution of this behavior. The servers are Solaris.

Thanks,
Prashant.