Re: [users@httpd] problem with proxy balancer-manager

On Sep 22, 2005, at 2:57 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

Colin Murtaugh wrote:

<Proxy balancer://mycluster>
     BalancerMember http://servera.domain.com/proxytest retry=10
loadfactor=1
     BalancerMember http://serverb.domain.com/proxytest retry=10
loadfactor=1
</Proxy>

ProxyPass /proxytest balancer://mycluster lbmethod=byrequests

<Location /balancer-manager>
     SetHandler balancer-manager
</Location>

The proxy seems to work -- requests are sent to servera and serverb
-- but the balancer-interface doesn't work right. I see the 'Load balancer status' section, and if I click on either of the hostnames
of the cluster members, I see the 'Edit balancer settings' section,
but I don't see the 'Edit worker settings' section.  So, I can't
enable/disable cluster members via the interface.  The documentation
for mod_proxy (under Apache 2.1) indicates that this should be possible.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

To edit the workers, you must click their links under the
main section. You should see them under the Host table header.

Sorry if I wasn't clear -- I did click on each of the hostname links, but I never see the worker settings. When I click on one of the hostnames, the URL looks like:

/balancer-manager?b=mycluster&s=http&w=servera.domain.com

but I still just see this:

Load Balancer Manager for myserver

Server Version: Apache/2.1.7 (Unix)
Server Built: Sep 22 2005 13:15:52

LoadBalancer Status for balancer://mycluster

StickySession    Timeout    FailoverAttempts    Method
    0    1     byrequests
Scheme    Host    Route    RouteRedir    Factor    Status
http servera 1 Ok http serverb 1 Ok

Edit balancer settings for balancer://mycluster

StickySession Identifier:
Timeout:
Failover Attempts:
LB Method: