From: Steve McInerney [mailto:steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 8:04 AM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [users@httpd] mod_cache and conditional disabling

Hi,

As part of implementing a short term performance improvement, we're looking at using a caching reverse proxy.

In essence we need to be able to disable mod_cache on a reverse proxy configuration for certain classes of users only.

Users are able to be identified via Cookie and hence we can get an Env set for that identification. But I can't figure out a way to disable the caching based on this information.

Unfortunately, all the URL's remain the same for normal and "special"
users, so the normal CacheDisable Directive don't work.

I've tried using mod_rewrite and a proxy rule (ie [P]) without any success
- the resulting output is still cached, tho that could be PEBKAC.

Any ideas or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

- Steve