Re: [users@httpd] Missing supporting programs for HTTP server 2.0.54 on Windows

Prakash.Sajja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I have no problem with installation, running the server as a service and
connecting to it, BUT I don't find the following supporting programs
installed, as listed at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/programs/. The
rest of the programs are installed under <ServerRootDirectory>/bin.

apachectl
  you don't need, since apache.exe -k start or using 'net start apache2'
  allows you to control the server.  On unix, you may be unable to
  invoke the httpd binary without the apachectl script to help invoke
  the bin/envvars script which sets up some dynamic link paths.

apxs
  There is a third-party perl solution to this maintained by Randy Kobes
  which you can download from
  http://www.apache.org/dist/perl/win32-bin/apx_win32.tar.gz

configure
  ./configure is a tool for Unix only, simply edit your conf/httpd.conf
  file on windows (almost every module is pre-built for you in modules/)

dbmmanage
  use htdbm.exe, it's much more modern.  (I'm not certain if you can
  find dbmmanage.pl in bin/, it was effectively the same thing.)

suexec
  doesn't work on Win32.

httpd
  is Apache.exe (and will be called httpd.exe in the apache 2.2 release
  and apache 2.1 betas)

log_server_status
  unfamiliar - I'll research next week

split-logfile
  unfamiliar - I'll research next week - I'm guessing it's a wrapper
  around rotatelogs binary?