From: Brian Candler [mailto:B.Candler@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2005 2:32 PM
To: Axel-Stéphane SMORGRAV
Cc: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] RewriteMap and sending more then 1 var

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 04:06:51PM +0200, Axel-Stphane  SMORGRAV wrote:
> As an aside, the [L] ( as in [R,L] ) is not necessary either since if
> the rewrite rule condition triggers, the redirect will be immediate
> and no more rewrite rules will be evaluated.

Warning: what you have written there contradicts the documentation [for Apache 1.3 anyway]

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod/mod_rewrite.html#RewriteRule says:

 "remember that this flag itself only prefixes the URL with
  http://thishost[:thisport]/, rewriting continues. Usually you also want to
  stop and do the redirection immediately. To stop the rewriting you also have
  to provide the 'L' flag."

So either you have misunderstood, or the documentation is incorrect.

Regards,

Brian.