Re: [users@httpd] apache2 mod_ssl windows...the simple way?

At 02:11 AM 8/17/2005, Joost de Heer wrote:
>> The httpd project will not distribute a contrib of such builds.  However
>> ascs is right, if you want parity with Linux etc, contribute builds of
>> libeay32.dll/ssleay32.dll to the OpenSSL project.  If they redistributed
>> the DLL's, we could distribute mod_ssl.so trivially.  An extra download,
>> sure, but not the end of the world.
>
>Shining Light Pro
>(http://www.shininglightpro.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html) distributes
>Win32 builds of openssl.

FYI, I see nothing on the web page of this Michigan company
to determine if they have respected the IP restrictions on
RC5, MDC2, IDEA etc.  Also the openssl project does not mention
them as a distribution or mirror, so it doesn't satisfy the
criteria for having openssl distribute (or endorse) a binary
distribution.

If openssl added this to the contrib section, or cross referenced
a list of binary distributions / mirrors, that would satisfy
my concerns and enable us to distribute mod_ssl sans ???eay32.dll,
for the user to obtain seperately.

Bill