Re: [users@httpd] apache2 mod_ssl windows...the simple way?

Axel-Stéphane SMORGRAV wrote:
If that is correct, I guess that leaves you with the following choices:

- buy a commercial web server
- subcontract the build of a binary version of Apache
- or make a useful contribution to the Apache project by submitting a binary package for everyone to enjoy.
WRT to the mod_ssl docs, they are located at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/ or under http://localhost/manual on you server once you have managed to build and install it.

That said, AFAIK mod_ssl is an integral part of the Apache distribution. What you may be missing are the OpenSSL libraries, but I am sure that there are some DLLs lying around somewhere.

FWIW, there is -no- issue with httpd distributing mod_ssl.so, useless
without libeay32/ssleay32 .dll files.  The project and board are
considering if/how to redistribute crypto binaries of external projects.

The httpd project will not distribute a contrib of such builds.  However
ascs is right, if you want parity with Linux etc, contribute builds of
libeay32.dll/ssleay32.dll to the OpenSSL project.  If they redistributed
the DLL's, we could distribute mod_ssl.so trivially.  An extra download,
sure, but not the end of the world.

Bill