Re: [users@httpd] Redirect Port 80 requests to Port 8080 on second server

Oops - my bad. I was missing 'original-url.blinky' from the local
/etc/hosts file.

I now have:
ProxyPass / http://original-url.blinky:8080

but I still receive the second server's default 'htdocs' page rather
than the specified DocumentRoot /onboard_it/test-website

Neil Freeman wrote:
> OK - I have tried that but I now get a proxy error message:
>
> Proxy Error
> The proxy server could not handle the request GET /.
> Reason: Host not found
> Apache/1.3.20 Server at original-url.blinky Port 80
>
> Christopher Malton wrote:
>
>> **************************
>> This Email Has Been Virus Swept
>> **************************
>> When it is requested from the 2.x server the Server Name is localhost
>> because of the
>> ProxyPass / http://LOCALHOST:8080
>>
>> Try
>>
>> ProxyPass / http://original-url.blinky:8080
>>
>> Instead of the localhost Proxy.
>>
>> Chris

This communication is confidential to the intended recipient(s).
If you are not that person you are not permitted to make use of
the information and you are requested to notify the sender
immediately of its receipt and then destroy the copy in your
posession.  Any views or opinions expressed are those of
the originator and may not represent those of Advanced
System Architectures Ltd.