Re: [users@httpd] make no response to doc root access

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005, maohai huang wrote:

Well, presumably, in order to read the URL string from the user agent you'd have to answer the connection. So already there's a server running, obviously.

And it greatly breaks the protocol to just close the connection without sending some sort of error.

hi,

For security reasons I would like to know how to
configure apache on my.host.com such that when
someone tries http://my.host.com or
http://my.host.com/
there will be no response from the server at all,
just like there is no server running, but
http://my.host.com/foo or http://my.host.com/foo/
would work just fine. ditto for https.

thanks in advance.

mh

"When I'm lost, and confused, and trying to make a U-turn, nothing annoys
me more than someone telling me to watch out for the tombstone!"

"How often does that happen, Fab?"

-David Feld & Tom Fabry, sometime in High School.