[users@httpd] Unable to Upload files through my application

Hi All,

I am sorry if this quesiton has been asked before, but being a newbie to Apache and after an exhaustive search on the net, I have decided to post here.

I have configured Apache as mentioned in httpd.conf. And have made my server root as /var/www/html/t.

Now when I type http://localhost/mohit/ I get a list of files displayed. The problem comes when I try to upload a file.
I have an application which uses CURL (libcurl) libraries to perform an HTTP PUT at this location. This application runs as user (say mohit).
However, I have been unable to upload the file this way. There are few things that I can think of:
1. /var/www/html/mohit is chowned by root and hence the application is not able to do so.
2. Some special things need to be done to enable uploading?

Following is the essential part of my httpd.conf:

 <Directory "/var/www/html">
 Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
 AllowOverride None
 <Limit POST PUT GET>