RE: [users@httpd] Reverse proxing through apache where backend server users cookie authentication

"William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 07/19/2005 04:36:07 PM:

> At 12:58 PM 7/19/2005, Peter.Link@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> >This patch was developed by Brett Beaumont, and can be found here:
> >http://www.issociate.
> de/board/post/102303/mod_proxy_and_authentication_cookies.html
> >
> >This patch would seemingly need to be incorporated by the Apache
> development team, and that is apparently what Brett wanted to do,
> but obviously it didn't get there. Maybe this forum will help in that effort.
>
> The problem is that Brett must submit any patch himself; we can't
> take patches from anywhere but the bugzilla (issues.apache.org) or
> mailing list (dev@httpd) and from noone but the original author.
>
> If he's submitted it to bugzilla or dev@httpd, I'd appreciate the
> bug no or message id, I'm fighting with similar cookie issues
> over in mod_aspdotnet.

Unfortunately I do not have any of this information.

I did spend alot of time trying to trouble-shoot this. I assumed all along that there was a problem with the pubcookie software, but that turned out to be false. I put debug stuff in the pubcookie code, plus some in the apache code, to verify the creation and disappearance of the session cookies. I googled and eventually found and applied Brett's patch.

Suggestions?