Re: [users@httpd] Browser hangs when accessing Apache2 Server

On 7/13/05, Jason Arden <jarden@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> OK I have enabled mod_log_forensic and have run the check_forensic
> script.  The files that it shows are just random PHP scripts, it even
> shows some images.   CoreDumpDirectory doesnt seem to be leaving me any
> information.  Whats next?

Well, it seems you are using the worker mpm with PHP.  Do you
understand all the thread safety issues?  Have you verified that all
the libraries being used by PHP are thread safe?  If not, switch to
the perfork mpm or to a cgi/fastcgi version of PHP.

When a thread crashes, it will take down the whole process, meaning
that some requests will be victums of other requests doing bad things.
 That's probably why you see images showing up in check_forensic.

If you are confident that thread safety is not the issue, then you
need to get to debugging.  The method of assuring that a core file
will be created is very operating-system specific.  At minimum, you
need to check your ulimit settings.  Then you need to figure out how
to debug a multi-threaded core.  I don't have any experience with
that.

Joshua.