Re: [users@httpd] Fwd:

Doing a chown should make no difference when the permissions have read for
everyone set, although there may be something in sles I don't know about.

Most probably your apache is running as another user, maybe nobody or apache
or something like that.  Check the httpd.conf file to find out.  You could
try setting the ownership to those if you want, although the usefullness of
that is questionable.

In the end it's difficult to se where the problem really was without knowing
more - file listings, apache config, etc. and even then the problem might not
be visible.

Markus