Re: [users@httpd] Strategies for debugging a segmentation fault on a production ser ver

On 6/21/05, Michael Caplan <michael.caplan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am looking for some advice on how to go about debugging Apache 1.3.33 /
> PHP 5.0.4 on a production Linux box (RHE 3).  The scenario is this:  Once a
> day we find a segfault in our apache logs.  From our current position, we
> don't know what page was accessed, and our 400+ users haven't brought the
> issue to our attention.  All we know is the date/time and PID of when the
> segfault occurred.  The question is this:  how can we go about isolating the
> offending requested page that bombs?

What you could do is  set up a proxy in front of you server. Let the
proxy log all requests. The request that causes the server to bomb
will probably be listed with an error  message in the proxy's log,
otherwise you always have the timestamps.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@xxxxxxxxx
Solothurn, Switzerland