Re: [users@httpd] Forcing External Redirect requests through mod_rewrite and proxy

On 6/14/05, Tim Traver <tt-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Joshua,
>
> its doing an internal redirect to the local server. I need it to make an
> external request to that URL and pass through the data it gets back.
>
> I need it to do that so that it hits the load balancing hardware, and sends
> the request to the server group that can handle the requests for that mime
> type...

This sounds like a networking issue and not an apache issue.  Apache
is simply making an HTTP request to domain.com.  If your OS believes
that domain.com maps to itself, then that is where it will send it.
You either need to make your OS believe that domain.com maps to your
load balancer, or you need to give apache a different address that
maps correctly.

Joshua.