RE: [users@httpd] Web server corrupting image?

Open the file, save it as another name, and try it again. The header may be corrupt or something. While many graphics apps overlook that stuff, I do not think browsers are smart enough to do so. I assume you are sure that it is a .gif, because if not it could just be a mime issue.

-----Original Message-----
From: cdunigan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdunigan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 5:30 PM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Web server corrupting image?

Can you verify that bad.gif begins with the string 'GIF'?  Can it be viewed in
an app on the server itself?  If the files are truly identical (one is a copy of
the other), just a diff will report that - does it?

Are you sure there are no leftover PerlHandler or SetHandler or similar
statements in httpd.conf?

I find it very odd to see actual perl source code in a served file, just because
mod_perl is configured.  Was there anything unusual about the compilation of
Apache or mod_perl on this server?