Re: [users@httpd] One request different modules?????

On 6/7/05, RAJESH SEGU <rajeshsegu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a problem, here is my requirement.
> I have written my 'xyz' module which processes the
> request and converts the some specific code into PHP
> code[which is the response of my module]. This
> html+php generated by my module must be passed on to
> the PHP module for processing the PHP code within.
>
> In simple PHP module must process the code generated
> by my 'xyz' module.
>
> Initially my understand between modules was that html
> response from one modules output filters passes on to
> the subsequent modules input filter. But I came to
> find myself newbie....!!!! Can anyone please explain
> me how response from one module can be passed on as a
> PHP request.
>
> I have a doubt as to whether PHP interprets 'inmemory
> code' or only in the file format. Please give me some
> insights.

First, data sent to the client is processed only by output filters,
never by input filters.

Second, PHP is setup as a handler, not a module, meaning it must be
first in the chain and cannot act as a filter.  I believe this is
because of some limitations in zend.  There was, at one time, a PHP
filter, but it never worked very well.  I'm not sure if it still
exists or has been further developed.

Joshua.