RE: [users@httpd] access to user directories

Well they *look* OK, but the problem is definately unix permissions so you need to dig deeper:

- did you check that point Joshua raised about SELinux?
- is /home/canderan a physical disk on the web server?
- if you login as the apache user, can you list/open the files in /home/canderan?
- if you run apache as user "canderan", does it work?
- if you do something like:

	Alias /testurl /home/canderan/public_html

then hit http://yourserver/testurl, do you see the dir?

You've basically got to try all the angles to see if anything turns on the light...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

PS - in each of the above, please report (ie, cut'n'paste) the exact error message returned by the browser, the shell or found in the logfile.