Re: [users@httpd] Can this be Done?

Tom,

That is good to hear. What method did you use to access the host from the internet?

DMZ on the router? vituralhost? DNS server on the host? All three? other?

My setup is working between all my local systems but not from outside. I like to avoid also configuring a VPN from the remote office.

philip

Tom Cat wrote:

Yes this can be done.  I've done it and it wasn't extremely hard
(although I did have to ask on this list for help once).

I'd start by checking the permissions on the
/apache2-default/index.html and if you're using SELinux make sure that
is set correctly (http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-apache-fc3/).

Read through httpd.conf and make sure you've set it up correctly.  The
comments in the file are extremely helpful.

Once you're sure it is right, Try to view http://127.0.0.1 (yeah you
need to be on the server).   If that works then try from in- and
out-side of your network to see if you have a problem with the
firewall or something.

-Tom