Re: [users@httpd] apache2 REQUEST_FILENAME

> If you look at that section of the code in mod_rewrite, you'll see
> that mod_rewrite makes that variable available to its
> variable-expansion mechanism, but doesn't actually set it in the
> environment.  Hence it is only available for mod_rewrite.
>
> You may be able to force it into the environment, using something like
>
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} (.*)
> RewriteRule .* - [E=REQUEST_FILENAME:%1]
>
> Joshua.

Great! I very much appreciate your suggestions. Now I'm getting further. :-)

All this originated in (from my point of view) counterintuitive behaviour regarding this variable. I probably grasped wrong this statement from documentation ( http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_rewrite.html ):

REQUEST_FILENAME  The full local filesystem path to the file or script matching the request.

While the filesystem location of my script is "/home/www/default/t.php", the content of this variable gained using your suggestion and PHP code:

<?
echo $_SERVER['REQUEST_FILENAME'];
?>

is "/t.php" - as being related to DocumentRoot.

Is the mentioned documentation wrong or the hiccup resides in my english? :-)

Anyway, thanks!

Ovar