RE: [users@httpd] Options Indexes: how to force listing of directories with access control settings?

I guess you're using apache 2? This sounds a lot like what happens when you have files in the directory which are subject to a Deny directive - you can see them but can't access them in apache 1.3 but you can't see them at all in apache 2.

You can have a big-end/little-end debate about which is better, but there is a discussion at: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-users&m=107632025906691&w=2

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Bit of a guess, here, but why not try putting all of the Auth stuff in
> .htaccess inside a Files block, with a match of '*'?

Nice try, but mod_autoindex works by try to access the file using the configured ruleset so it'll still hit the block...

Diese E-mail ist eine private und persönliche Kommunikation. Sie hat keinen Bezug zur Börsen- bzw. Geschäftstätigkeit der SWX Gruppe. This e-mail is of a private and personal nature. It is not related to the exchange or business activities of the SWX Group. Le présent e-mail est un message privé et personnel, sans rapport avec l'activité boursière du Groupe SWX.

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the views of the sender's company.