Re: [users@httpd] Oh no, now what! [SOLVED]

Joshua Slive wrote:

On 4/15/05, Patrick Donker <list@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What I dont understand is why I had this running *before* recompiling
with the exact same configure commandline. I didnt change anything. If I
comment out the lines which suddenly cause a problem, apache comes with
the next error, which I didnt have before. Why oh why is this happening
all of a sudden. Mommy told me dont fix it if it aint broken. Why didnt
I listen :(

It sounds like the last compile used static modules (no LoadModule
lines necessary) while this one used dynamic modules (and therefore
requires LoadModule lines).

Joshua.

Joshua,

That indeed appears to be the case. When your suggestion arrived I was recompiling with static mods (which takes a while on my P1-300 ;) ), and it works. Strange because I was sure that I had saved my last used configure commandline, just to avoid this kind of trouble. Well, guess not...
Thanks for your thoughts guys.

-Patrick