Re: [users@httpd] Oh no, now what!

Ivan Barrera A. wrote:

Patrick Donker wrote:

[panic]
Guys! I've recompiled 2.0.49 on debian 3 because I needed proxy support
for Tomcat. I have compiled using this configure commmandline:

./configure --enable-auth-dbm --enable-auth-digest --enable-deflate
--enable-mime-magic --enable-expires --enable-headers --enable-usertrack
--enable-ssl --enable-http --enable-dav --enable-cgi --enable-cgid
--enable-dav-fs --enable-speling --enable-rewrite --enable-so
--with-mpm=prefork --enable-usertrack --enable-mods-shared=all
--with-apxs  --enable-proxy

Everything went fine, no errors whatsoever.
Now, if I try to start httpd I get httpd.conf errors. To me these look
weird because they are basic httpd funtions. I had this apache
installation running after having it compiled with the exact
commandline, exept for the --enable-proxy part. I have tried to
recompile removing my last modification, but it still keeps moaning
about things being wrong. Some examples are:

Syntax error on line 191 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'ExtendedStatus', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a

You must load mod_status

Syntax error on line 346 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'DirectoryIndex', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a

mod_dir i think

To me this makes no sense because it has worked before!
No what! What do I do to make it run again?! Anybody has seen this before?
Thanks

Your install is incomplete, or you didn't uncomment the loadmodules for those mods

-Patrick

[/panic]

What I dont understand is why I had this running *before* recompiling with the exact same configure commandline. I didnt change anything. If I comment out the lines which suddenly cause a problem, apache comes with the next error, which I didnt have before. Why oh why is this happening all of a sudden. Mommy told me dont fix it if it aint broken. Why didnt I listen :(