[users@httpd] Installation problems on Solaris 9 : can't find library arguments

Hi Users,

I am consistently having the same problem installing Apache 2.0.50 and 2.0.53 on Solaris 9 servers.

My configure line is pretty standard:

./configure --prefix=/dir/apache --enable-so

But when I run the "make" command, I get the following:

ild: (argument error) can't find library arguments :: -lsendfile -lrt -lresolv -lpthread -ldl -lthread
*** Error code 8
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `htpasswd'
Current working directory /iiidb/software/tpp/install/httpd-2.0.53/support
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Current working directory /iiidb/software/tpp/install/httpd-2.0.53/support
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'

This is a standard Solaris 9 installation so my libraries should not be installed in an unusual location, but I tried rerunning with the "LDFLAGS" variable set as follows:

setenv LDFLAGS /usr/lib

Then I can't even get past the configure:

checking for cc... cc
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.
configure failed for srclib/apr

I know the compiler can create executables since I've compiled other software on the server.

This has happened in exactly the same place and in the same way every time I try to run the installation. I can't get past it. I assume I have the libraries on the system (a find shows files of that name in /usr/lib), but I can't figure this out.

Can anyone help, please?

Thanks,
Richard