Re: [users@httpd] init.d/httpd file missing and error running apachectl

Joshua Slive wrote:

On 4/13/05, Mark Sargent <powderkeg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

anyone got any thoughts on this..? I do not have another version
installed. I never moved any httpd.conf into apache2/conf dir. I still
do not understand why it's looking for httpd.conf in apache dir, as
opposed to apache2 dir. Where is this done from, httpd.conf or the bin
file itself..? Cheers.

It could be either place.  You can use the -f option to apachectl to
get it to look at a specific httpd.conf file:
apachectl -f /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf -k start

But if you have wrong path references inside httpd.conf, this might
not help.  Look in particular at the ServerRoot directive and make
sure it points at the right directory.

Joshua.

Hi All,

cmd not found,

[root@localhost ~]# apachectl -f /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf -k start
-bash: apachectl: command not found

Although, logically, I don't think it has anything to do with the httpd.conf file. Looking at it, it hasn't even opened it yet, simply because it doesn't know where it is, based on it saying it's not in the apache dir, which doesn't even exist on the machine..lol..corrupt server perhaps..? Cheers.

P.S. ServerRoot points to the apache2 dir, as it should.

Mark Sargent.