RE: [users@httpd] Per session bandwidth throttling

Title: RE: [users@httpd] Per session bandwidth throttling

With regard to my earlier post, by 'per session' I mean limiting bandwidth so that each client who connects can only download up to a maximum rate.  For example, if the total available bandwidth is 8Mb, then I might want to limit clients to 56k each.  If only one client connects then that client will still only get 56k - even though most of the bandwidth goes unused.  Clients will get a consistent download rate of 56k until 45 clients or so have connected, and only then will their individual bandwidth start going down.

I'm sorry - I think I might not be making myself very clear!

Pascal Harris
Senior Programmer
Reuters Ltd
Maple House/2