RE: [users@httpd] Apache install

If your ssl was statically compiled into your Apache
installation your httpd -l would have shown mod_ssl.c.
 So I think you need a LoadModule directive in your
httpd.conf for mod_ssl.so, assuming mod_ssl was
independently compiled.  Without mod_ssl.c I think the
IfModule directive test (in httpd.conf) for mod_ssl.c
fails also, meaning if you have an ssl.conf then httpd
startssl won't pick that up.  I've only installed ssl
statically so correct me if I'm wrong please, anyone.

Not that installing openssl is not enough to install
ssl into Apache.  Openssl provides the utilities
necessary to manage certificates, etc, but then you
need to configure your httpd.conf and ssl.conf to get
it up and running.

BZAG

>From Spencer Plantier:

 httpd -l shows:
# ./httpd -l
Compiled in modules:
  core.c
  prefork.c
  http_core.c
  mod_so.c

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Previously:

Do you need to put a LoadModule directive in
httpd.conf for ssl?  Do a search in your httpd.conf
for "DSO".  Check if your mod_ssl was statically
compiled using "httpd -l" which lists the statically
compiled modules.

BZAG
+++++++++++++++++++++++

>From Spencer Plantier:

I have installed openssl without any errors and php
without any errors. Could someone help me troubleshoot
this error. I am new to apache and am starting to hit
deadlines on trying to get apache up and running. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

This is how I built openssl:

../config
make
make build-shared
mv libssl.so* /usr/local/lib
mv libcrypto.so* /usr/local/lib

Syntax error on line 251 of
/usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_ssl.so into
server: ld.so.1:
/usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error:
file
/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_ssl.so: symbol
X509_INFO_free:
referenced
symbol not found
#