Re: [users@httpd] Problem compiling Http 2.0.53 on Solaris 8

It may get in the way depending on what exactly is in there and what path the
compiler searches for the includes.  I would get rid of this old installation
first, then add a --prefix=... (eg /usr/local/apache2-2.0.53) to the
configure flags for apache to avoid having the installation spread through
the system.  This makes upgrades and switches between versions much easier
and faster.  Also, your LDFLAGS have not included any -R flags.  This means
apache itself wont know where to search for the libraries upon which it
depends and must rely on system settings (LD_LIBRARY_PATH for example).
Please read my first mail on that, and if you really don't understand, please
read http://www.sunmanagers.org/pipermail/sunmanagers/2002-May/014178.html
Sun themselves have since Solaris 2.5 used -R flags for their software
builds, and my experience shows that this little bit of extra effort saves a
lot of trouble later on.  It works, even with gcc...  Your update of gcc is
also a good idea.

If all this still doesn't work, then your system is probably screwed and you
will need to invest some serious time unscrewing it.

Markus