Re: [users@httpd] Strange Problem

> This is a problem I'm facing for a long  time.
> So far so good, but in an arbitrary moment all  apache processes
> stop serving requests, and all of the processes are trying to
> consume a lot of cpu time, and load average is increasing very fast

How many servers are busy during the crash? (if you are monitoring
Apache status through mrtg graphs)
Anything in /var/log/messsages, warn ?
It can be a hardware problem that everything hangs.

During the crash and using ps or top I can see that all apache processes are busy (running). In the logs there is nothing strange, just normal messages which stop at the time of the "crash" (even though this is not really a crash, since apache is still running). There are two identical servers (exactly the same hardware, exactly the same software installed) and the problem occurs in both server (I don't know *when* it will happen, and in *which* computer, it can happen at anytime in any of the two computes), and that makes me think that it's highly unlikely to be a hardware failure (it would be a great coincidence if two identical machines have the same hardware problem). Since all apache processes are busy makes be believe that they all fall in a "sleep-less" infinite loop. The question is why they do so, and which of the software is erroneous...
Any ideas..?
Yannis Tsakiris