Re: [users@httpd] I've been hacked, I need some help please...

John wrote:
From: dan <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, March 21, 2005, 10:30:38 PM
Subject: [users@httpd] I've been hacked, I need some help please...

From: cron@xxxxxxxxxx <cron@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, March 21, 2005, 9:45:51 PM

 > I got the same problem one month ago, I was running awstas(log statistics),

anyway, they got access to /tmp wrote some files and execute the telnet
program at first I thought well this cant be firewall blocks everything
except port 80,  I found the code for the exploit and bad news, the exploit
connect to a remote machine and give a telnet shell on the remote machine
after that I'm blocking outgoing port too. To bad for me and my laziness.
Those stupid thing make me work 28 hs non stop.

Also found allot of backdoors i don't know if  was working at all but
running in ports already in use like port 80 and 21 and lots of modified
files like ps, who, ftpwho and some freaking ftp server (gssftp) witch with
some very weird install instruction gave root access to remote users. At
this point i was sure it was a script-kidie  but found evidence of more than
one attackers.

My point is i could NEVER fell save just fixing things. So reinstalled.

Angelo

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ivan Barrera A." <Bruce@xxxxxx>