Re: [users@httpd] reverse proxy configuration.

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 11:29:53 +0100 (CET), Vincent Blondel
<vincent@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We recently decided to set up a dmz in our infrastructure and I have
> chosen to use openbsd 3.6 with built in apache 1.3.29 ( compiled and
> hardened by the OpenBSD team ) with mod_proxy / mod_security and
> mod_rewrite.
>
> So before setting up all this in a real life world, I currently spend my
> time to let this configuration work in our developement lan.
>
> So let's immagine I get next infrastructure :
>
>   reverse proxy                     real internal web server
> rproxy1.example.net    ----->   iweb1.example.net ( example.org )
>   192.168.1.25:80                      192.168.1.19:80
>
> So, as you can see it, we just would like to forward all internet incoming
> traffic ( port 80 ) from our external web server ( rproxy1.example.net )
> to our internal web server ( iweb1.example.net ).
>
> iweb1.example.net hosts example.net and example.org ( configured by
> VirtualHost ). iweb1 runs with FreeBSD 4.10 and apache 1.3.33. A last
> detail, we do not use any firewall in this configuration. This is just to
> make the configuration more easy.
>
> So I am trying a configuration but it doesn't work. Please find below the
> configuration

There are a few problems here:

1. The OpenBSD version of apache is not really apache anymore.  It is
a forked version with openbsd-specific changes.  So it will be
difficult for us to help you on this list, since we know only about
the real apache and we don't know anything about the openbsd changes.

2. "it doesn't work" is a very bad way to ask a question.  We need to
know exactly what you tried, and exactly what happened, including
relevant excerpts from the error log, access log, and config files.

3. Notice I said "relevant excerpts".  Please don't dump your complete
config file here and except us to sift through it looking for the
important stuff.

Sorry if this answer is not what you where looking for, but you need
to help us out a little if you want us to help you.

Joshua.