Re: [users@httpd] Clarification on RewriteRule

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 01:40:05AM +0530, Rajkumar s wrote:

> I had included the ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse as given by you,
>
> <VirtualHost 203.199.200.129>
> ServerName www.whatsonchennai.com
> ProxyPass / http://www.whatsonchennai.com:8080/
> ProxyPassReverse / http://www.whatsonchennai.com:8080/
> </VirtualHost>
>
> But i got the error message as "403 Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access / on this server.".
>
> so i verified error_log and found these messages
>
> [Mon Mar 14 01:31:56 2005] [warn] proxy: No protocol handler was valid
> for the URL /. If you are using a DSO version of mod_proxy, make sure
> the proxy submodules are included in the configuration using
> LoadModule.
> [Mon Mar 14 01:31:57 2005] [warn] proxy: No protocol handler was valid
> for the URL /favicon.ico. If you are using a DSO version of mod_proxy,
> make sure the proxy submodules are included in the configuration using
> LoadModule.

That error isn't complaining about the lack of mod_proxy in your config;
note the use of the phrase 'mod_proxy submodules'. RTFM at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_proxy.html

>     I think i donot need ProxyPass for this task because all i have to
> do is that when i enter the url www.whatsonchennai.com it should
> display contents corresponding to "www.whatsonchennai.com:8080/ , but
> it should show up only the url what i originally typed in ie
> "www.whatsonchennai.com".

If this is all you need done, the ProxyPass/ProxyPassReverse directives
supplied above should be sufficient (although in this simple case, I'd
suggest running the '8080' server on localhost,  unless there's an
overriding reason not to). If you need to support Zope's VHM, I'd follow
the docs on their site for that. Sorry, I'm not a Zope guy. =)

--n