Re: [users@httpd] Clarification on RewriteRule

Dear sir,

I had included the ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse as given by you,

<VirtualHost 203.199.200.129>
ServerName www.whatsonchennai.com
ProxyPass / http://www.whatsonchennai.com:8080/
ProxyPassReverse / http://www.whatsonchennai.com:8080/
</VirtualHost>

But i got the error message as "403 Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.".

so i verified error_log and found these messages

[Mon Mar 14 01:31:56 2005] [warn] proxy: No protocol handler was valid
for the URL /. If you are using a DSO version of mod_proxy, make sure
the proxy submodules are included in the configuration using
LoadModule.
[Mon Mar 14 01:31:57 2005] [warn] proxy: No protocol handler was valid
for the URL /favicon.ico. If you are using a DSO version of mod_proxy,
make sure the proxy submodules are included in the configuration using
LoadModule.

But i had configured apache 2 with mod_proxy module as dynamic
loadable module and also had included this in httpd.conf.

LoadModule proxy_module   modules/mod_proxy.so

Do anything needs to be included other than this to rectify this error.

    I think i donot need ProxyPass for this task because all i have to
do is that when i enter the url www.whatsonchennai.com it should
display contents corresponding to "www.whatsonchennai.com:8080/ , but
it should show up only the url what i originally typed in ie
"www.whatsonchennai.com".

In the first mail i had given the contents for rewriting an url which
i found in one of our servers. You can find the explanation for the
RewriteRule from the url:
http://plone.org/documentation/tutorial/plone-apache/vhm

Sorry for troubling you

Sincerely,