[users@httpd] RADIUS authentication with acceleration...

Hi,

I'm currently using Apache 2.0.53 as an accelerator, performing rewriting (both URL and HTML) (thanks to Nick Kew !!!) which is working perfectly.

I need to secure this with RADIUS authentication. I've tried using mod_auth_radius but for some reason, mod_auth_radius doesn't appear to be setting the required cookie.

The authentication request is accepted by the RADIUS server and the web page returned. The browser then requests the images and stylesheets and I can see the basic authentication being sent but no cookie. mod_auth_radius then requeries the RADIUS and because it's a one-time password the request is denied :-(

Is anyone else using mod_auth_radius on an accelerator with one-time passwords ??? I'd be interested to know if anyone has managed to get this to work !!!

	I believe the relevant details from httpd.conf are:

 AddRadiusAuth a.b.c.d:1645 xxxxxx 5:3
 AddRadiusCookieValid 60

 <Location />
  AuthType Basic
  AuthName "External Access"

  AuthAuthoritative Off
  AuthRadiusAuthoritative On
  AuthRadiusActive On

  require valid-user
 </Location>

At present we're fronting Apache with Squid and RADIUS authentication. This overcomplicates matters and introduces another problem. I'd like to simplify things and reduce it to just Apache.

Does anyone know if (assuming I can get mod_auth_radius to work successfully) whether this can be combined with group access ???

If anyone can suggest an alternate auth module then I'll take a look at that, too.

Many thanks in advance,

				Neil.

--
Neil Hillard                    hillardn@xxxxxxxxx
Westland Helicopters Ltd.       http://www.whl.co.uk/

Disclaimer: This message does not necessarily reflect the
            views of Westland Helicopters Ltd.