Re: [users@httpd] VirtualHost 216.55.162.34:80

Hi
My question is simple I have my own server P4 with FedoraCore and Plesk
7.5.2 Control panel.

Ex I have hosted site call thinkquestuganda.org after create a site in his
directory /home/httpd/vhosts/thinkquestuganda.org/conf it is creating a file
call httpd.include I have attached file call httpd.included. In this file
you will see scripts

VirtualHost 216.55.162.34:80>
ServerName stjohnsw.thinkquestuganda.org:80
SuexecUserGroup thinkque psacln
ServerAdmin amin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
DocumentRoot
/home/httpd/vhosts/thinkquestuganda.org/subdomains/stjohnsw/httpdocs
CustomLog /home/httpd/vhosts/thinkquestuganda.org/statistics/logs/access_log
combined
ErrorLog /home/httpd/vhosts/thinkquestuganda.org/statistics/logs/error_log
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/
/home/httpd/vhosts/thinkquestuganda.org/subdomains/stjohnsw/cgi-bin/
<IfModule mod_ssl.c>

in this script people have to type http://stjohnsw.thinkquestuganda.org but
most of peope type www.stjohnsw.thinkquestuganda.org . I have got email from
apache group they told me I put ServerAlias
www.stjohnsw.thinkquestuganda.org after modified in httpd.include it is
working fine But what I want when ever my client create a subdomain scripts
should put it self ServerAlias www.subdomain.site.com

I hope you have understood my question.

Thank you,

Regards
Amin

------------------------------------
I don't understand what is the problem. Are you using some application
to generate httpd.conf? What is going wrong?

Please explain exactly what you want to happen and what is wrong.

Your config is mostly OK, but I would suggest a few tips:

- You don't need to add the port number onto the domain name in
ServerName (stjohnsw.thinkquestuganda.org:80 -->
stjohnsw.thinkquestuganda.org).

- do you have "NameVirtualHost 216.55.162.34:80" somewhere? You need
this for name-based VHs.

> Still I have problem in Virtucal Host. When ever I am
> creating subdomain
> then it is writing scripts in httpd.include as below

I don't understand what is the problem. Are you using some application
to generate httpd.conf? What is going wrong?

Please explain exactly what you want to happen and what is wrong.

Your config is mostly OK, but I would suggest a few tips:

- You don't need to add the port number onto the domain name in
ServerName (stjohnsw.thinkquestuganda.org:80 -->
stjohnsw.thinkquestuganda.org).

- do you have "NameVirtualHost 216.55.162.34:80" somewhere? You need
this for name-based VHs.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> <VirtualHost 216.55.162.34:80>
> ServerName stjohnsw.thinkquestuganda.org:80
> SuexecUserGroup thinkque psacln
> ServerAdmin amin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> DocumentRoot
> /home/httpd/vhosts/thinkquestuganda.org/subdomains/stjohnsw/httpdocs
> CustomLog
> /home/httpd/vhosts/thinkquestuganda.org/statistics/logs/access_log
> combined
> ErrorLog
> /home/httpd/vhosts/thinkquestuganda.org/statistics/logs/error_log
> ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/
> /home/httpd/vhosts/thinkquestuganda.org/subdomains/stjohnsw/cgi-bin/
> <IfModule mod_ssl.c>
>
> Now I want when I create subdomain it should create scripts as below;
>
> <VirtualHost 216.55.162.34:80>
> ServerName stjohnsw.thinkquestuganda.org:80
> ServerAlias www.stjohnsw.thinkquestuganda.org
> SuexecUserGroup thinkque psacln
> ServerAdmin amin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> DocumentRoot
> /home/httpd/vhosts/thinkquestuganda.org/subdomains/stjohnsw/httpdocs
> CustomLog
> /home/httpd/vhosts/thinkquestuganda.org/statistics/logs/access_log
> combined
> ErrorLog
> /home/httpd/vhosts/thinkquestuganda.org/statistics/logs/error_log
> ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/
> /home/httpd/vhosts/thinkquestuganda.org/subdomains/stjohnsw/cgi-bin/
> <IfModule mod_ssl.c>
>

> What to do so scripts will work fine.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Regards