RE: openssl comand(s) for https mode on apache 2.4 on windows.

> Pardon me- have 443 redirect to 80 of the environment variable is true.
> Alternatively, have a completely different 443 vhost declared for
> development purposes
>
> On Tue, Apr 16, 2024 at 11:30 AM Will Fatherley <wefatherley@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:wefatherley@xxxxxxxxx> > wrote:
>

> 		But should your development be not protocol independent? If
> your code works on http it should also work on https. I am getting sick
> of these wordpress idiots where they still have hardcoded links
> everywhere and I can't even convert a website from http to https.
>

> 	TLS is not in the application layer as HTTP is, so it’s just a
> complication that has to be managed in development. I don’t know how
> Wordpress works, but there are solutions beyond its configuration.

You are writting it is not application layer and then write it needs to be addressed in development?

> 	For example, if you just need to verify your HTTP-based application
> functions as desired, but there is commingling of HTTPS and HTTP in
> application HREFs then use the `if` directive with a development-only
> environment variable in your virtual hosts. If the client follows a HTTPS
> link that isn’t going to work for keying material reasons, have the 443
> virtual host redirect to 80 if the development variable in the
> development environment

This is more about the ability to host an application regardless if it is on http or https. How https is enforced/applied is up to the manager of the server, why would you even care as a developer of an application?