Re: graceful-stop closes established connections without response

On 1/29/24 12:25 PM, Yann Ylavic wrote:

That's where we are, I think, if this first/light patch eventually
helps significantly with the "local" graceful-stop which you care
about still, it's possibly worth it since it requires no opt-in (but
needs testing..), but going further looks overkill/risky for httpd.

i (theoretically) applied your patch to the debian source and rebuilt and installed the packages, but the behavior still persists. it has been a long time since i have had to patch debian source (it was apache back then as well :-) thundering herd patch IIRC) so i'm not 100% sure that i've gotten it right.

mod_mpm_event.so does indeed have an updated modtime

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 75984 Jan 30 00:13 /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_mpm_event.so

vs

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 75984 Apr 13 2023 /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_mpm_event.so

but the identical file size makes me wonder whether i was successful in applying the patch.

i was going to add some debugging lines, but when i took a quick look at the patch, i wasn't clear on which sections of the code i should be guaranteed to hit. can you be so kind as to send an updated patch with some gratuitous logging in the appropriate sections so that there will be positive affirmation that the patch has (or hasn't) been applied and is falling into the expected sections?