Re: graceful-stop closes established connections without response

On 1/29/24 10:17 AM, Yann Ylavic wrote:
On Mon, Jan 29, 2024 at 3:06 PM Eric Covener <covener@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The patch helps in this case because we no longer close the listening
sockets unconditionally, I mean without first checking if there are
new connections in the backlog. So I thought the option was needed
because if nothing stops new connections from arriving it could
prevent the child from stopping indefinitely? How could we know if a
LB/VIP is in place?

it sounds like this issue is all but resolved, but i would like to understand whether the above (preventing the child from stopping indefinitely) is an actual possibility.

my (naive) expectation is that if a given child has been signaled while handling an existing request then it "knows" not to accept() a new request after completing the existing request. so it seems that the child is not under any danger of continuing indefinitely, regardless of the contents of the backlog.