Re: SSLCertificateFile localhost.crt does not exist

On 2022-12-28 14:35, Jeffrey Denison wrote:
Can someone tell me how to remove Apache 2.4 HTTP server I installed
from source? I can't get it to run & I see it's in the Fedora repos &
can be installed from dns. I thought I might have better success if I
remove the one I installed & reinstall from the command line. I don't
see any uninstall command & see pieces scattered in various
directories.
thanks

Have you tried to reverse your install with:

# make uninstall

If you've deleted the original source you might have to go through the whole install again so that you can use makefile to see what and where the various bits are, and then remove them one by one.

Alternately 'locate' or 'find' any files with names like 'apache' or 'httpd' that are dated suitably (could be the source date or the date you installed or modified) and delete them by hand. Installing from a proper package should (could, might) clean up anything accidentally left behind.

Note that I'm more of a Debian person, so Fedora / Red Hat might have some quirks, and YMMV, Also, there used to be a good user /developer group "fedorapeople.org"

Happy 2023 to all on this list.

Paul