Re: Can't display an index.html on our public IP

Your setup is using nginx as a reverse proxy for the httpd instance, based on that error.

For httpd, you will likely need to make sure the DirectoryIndex is set up properly, and make sure you can access it directly first. Then, configure nginx to pass the request properly.

Also, make sure to run apachectl -S to ensure that your httpd vhosts are defined correctly.